Monday, December 18, 2006

I'm bringing Finky back!

The more I think about it, the more I should be updating this. Therapeutic? Perhaps.

I don't know how the sport side of this will progress, but I'll be on periodically to post thoughts, updates, and such.

Since the last time we (are you there?) talked, I've gotten married, the Tigers have reached the World Series, Italy has won the World Cup, Charlton Athletic have parted ways with their iconic manager, Alan Curbishley.....and a lot of other things.

Speaking of the Tigers, I just ran across this article about the old Lady, Tiger Stadium. Apparently there will be a final chance to say farewell, around the start of next season.

I'm currently applying for academic positions all around the country, but am hoping for one in particular here in Ohio. Our family life will be much easier if it works out. Prayers, thoughts, and smiles all welcome.

Just last week, the mother of one of our good friends passed away suddenly at home. Sometimes these things just get you thinking....if I can give any advice today, it'd be to cherish that which you have. You just never know when it's not going to be there any longer.

R.I.P. Mrs. Spach. God Speed.

No comments: